Sanyi International Woodcarving Art Festival
- Overview：Sanyi International Woodcarving Festival started in 1990, and every year in May the festival attracted many people to visit. Visitors can learn about woodcarving and appreciate the arts through the works of domestic woodcarving artists.
- Festival Dates & Times：2016-06-01 ～ 2016-08-31
- Festival Location：Sanyi Wood Sculpture Museum square(No.88, Guangsheng Shincheng, Sanyi Township, Miaoli County)Miaoli County Sanyi Township
- Contact Us：International Culture and Tourism Bureau, Miaoli County Government
- Event Website：http://miaolitravel.net/MainWeb/article.aspx?Lang=2&Sno=03001989
Sanyi Township in Miaoli County is home to world famous woodcarvings. In the 1920s, the area mostly carved natural rare woods. 1970s was the golden peak for Sanyi as crafts coming out of the area are renowned both domestically and worldwide. The crafts mostly sold overseas. Due to the energy crisis in 1980s, the town was also affected. However this only led to the artists in the area rethinking about how to upgrade these from "merchandises" into "artworks". The woodcarving museum was founded in 1995 and the whole island's woodcarving artists gathered here, exchanging ideas and inspirations off each other, forming a unique town with woodcarving as its main attraction.
Highway 1 exit Sanyi Junction and turn right into Sanyi city. Follow Provincial Highway 13 and make a left at County Road 130. Follow the road and stay right at fork to reach Sanyi Woodcarving Museum.
Exit at Sanyi Station and take a taxi (5 min ride) or walk 35 minutes to the museum
Take Hsinchu Bus and get off at Sanyi station. Walk about 25 minutes to the museum.
TEL: +886-2-2368-0816ext227 /FAX: +886-2-2362-9418
Best viewed with IE 8 or higher with 1280*800 resolution.
Privacy & Security Policy Government Website Open Information Announcement