HO-HAI-YAN Gongliao Rock Festival
- Overview：HO-HAI-YAN Gongliao Rock Festival in Gongliao promotes original Taiwanese music with HO-HAI-YAN Awards every year. It has become the must-attend event for Taiwanese rock bands. The event encourages young artists with their own styles to promote their music on stage at the event. It has become a platform for creative musical muse and innovation.
- Festival Dates & Times：2016-07-22 ～ 2016-07-24
- Festival Location：Dongshan River Water Park: No.40, Fulong St., Gongliao Dist., New Taipei City 22841, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Contact Us：Yilan County Government
- Event Website：http://tour.taitung.gov.tw/zh-tw/Home/Index
HO-HAI-YAN Gongliao Rock Festival is a multi-day music festival that's hosted in Taiwan every summer. The festival encourages local Taiwanese creativity. It began in 2000 in Gongliao township on the Fulong beach, hence it is also called Gongliao Ocean Music Festival, or simply Ocean Music Festival. The name "Hohaiyan" comes from Taiwanese aboriginal Amis tribe language. It is an interjection about the waves in the sea. The organizers also chosen Amis Tabalan folksong as the theme music for the festival. Other than a mega star and bands line up for the festival, there are also many underground bands performing at this festival. The festival has multiple stages set up on the two beaches in Fulong, and bands take turns in the nonstop music marathon. Admission is completely free for audiences.
1. Take any buses that goes by Provincial Highway 2 heading towards Luodong and Suao. Get off at Fulong stop to arrive at Fulong Beach.
2. Take Kuo-Kuang Buses that stops by Northeast Coast National Scenic Area or to Luodong via ocean route and stop along the way.
3. Take Taiwan Trip shuttle bus Fulong line to Fulong.
Train: Take the North-Link Line and get off at Fulong station. The beach is 5 minutes walk from the station.
1. Take Provincial Highway 2 and merge onto County Road 102 before the Ruibing tunnel. Go through Jioufen and Shuangxi, then merge back to Provincial Highway 2 to arrive at Fulong Beach.
2. Follow Provincial Highway 2 heading towards Toucheng, Fulong beach is about 3 km past Yanliao
3. Take highway 1 and exit at Dahua Junction. Merge onto express way 62 then merge onto Provincial Highway 2 to reach Fulong Beach.
4. Follow Provincial Highway 2 from Yilan heading south to reach Fulong Beach.
TEL: +886-2-2368-0816ext227 /FAX: +886-2-2362-9418
Best viewed with IE 8 or higher with 1280*800 resolution.
Privacy & Security Policy Government Website Open Information Announcement