Taichung City Mazu International Festival
- Overview：Mazu madness in March. March 23rd in the lunar calendar marks the birth of the goddess Mazu. Temples all over the island have celebration events planned on this day. Every year in the 3rd month of the lunar year, the "Heavenly Holy Mother", or Mazu Pilgrimage, is the most important event for the Jenn Lann Mazu Temple.
- Festival Dates & Times：2016-03-05 ～ 2016-04-17
- Festival Location：Dajia Jenn Lann Temple: No.158, Shuntian Rd., Dajia Dist., Taichung City
- Contact Us：Taichung City Cultural Affairs Bureau, Taichung City Government
- Event Website：http://www.mazuevent.com/index_en.htm
The Mazu Pilgrimage can be counted as one of the most important and largest folk culture events in Taiwan. The “Taichung City Mazu International Festival.” By interweaving religion, opera, martial arts, industrial culture, the arts, tourism, and academic culture, the intent on launching the event in 2004 was to promote the local area with events related to tourism, religious worship, performing arts, academic study, and the upgrading of local industry.
Driving: From highway 1, connect to highway 4, then highway 3, and exit at Dajia. On ramp, stay towards Dajia, and merge onto Jiahou Rd, then Shuiyuan Rd and finally Shuntian Rd.
Train: Exit at Dajia station.
Bus: Take bus 90
TEL: +886-2-2368-0816ext227 /FAX: +886-2-2362-9418
Best viewed with IE 8 or higher with 1280*800 resolution.
Privacy & Security Policy Government Website Open Information Announcement