Yanshuei (Yanshui) Beehive Fireworks Festival
- Overview：The Yanshuei Beehive Fireworks is located in Yanshuei district in Tainan. It is hosted by the local Wu Miao Temple. The beehive fireworks are many small rockets assembled into large launchers. When the launchers are lit, a barrage of rockets streams into the sky and sounds like bees, hence the namesake.
- Festival Dates & Times：2016-02-21 ～ 2016-02-22
- Festival Location：Yanshui Wu Miao Temple: No.87, Wumiao Rd., Yanshui Dist., Tainan City
- Contact Us：Tainan City Government, Tainan Yanshui Wu Miao Temple
- Event Website：http://www.twtainan.net/en-us
Beehive fireworks started in 1885 during the Qing Dynasty. It was said that during a cholera outbreak the local people of Yanshuei prayed for a miracle to save them from this plague. The Wu Miao Temple which hosts the deity of Guan Yu was said to have answered the call of the people and led an all night long parade with firecrackers nonstop to drive out the disease. It worked, and to memorialize this the custom of releasing firecrackers during lantern festival was set in the area. The Yanshuei Beehive fireworks have since became of the top 3 world's most famous festivals and one of the most representative religious activities in Taiwan. Thousands of rockets set loose all at once like bees pouring out of hives. The sight has attracted millions of spectators and there's the say of "Sky Lantern in the North, Beehive Fireworks in the South" to attest for the event's popularity. Safety precautions must be taken before participating in this event however, due to the potential harm that could stem from so many rockets firing at once. Goggles and other protective gears must be worn to prevent injuries to the eyes and ears.
The event begins in front of the Yanshui Temple of Guang Yu (Wu Miao) and will circle around the entire Yanshui area
Driving: Take Highway 1 and exit at Xinging/Yanshui interchange. Drive towards Yanshui for 5 - 10 minutes and you will arrive at destination.
HSR: Exit at Chiayi Station, then transfer shuttle bus to Xinging train station. At Xinging train station, take bus to Yanshui (bus comes approximately every 30 minutes, the bus ride is approximately 15 minutes to Yanshui)
Train: Exit at Xinging train station, then take bus to Yanshui (bus comes approximately every 30 minutes, the bus ride is approximately 15 minutes to Yanshui)
TEL: +886-2-2368-0816ext227 /FAX: +886-2-2362-9418
Best viewed with IE 8 or higher with 1280*800 resolution.
Privacy & Security Policy Government Website Open Information Announcement